Data Privacy Regulations
Multiple government and industry regulations require organizations to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII), private corporate data and more. These include:
- EU Data: GDPR — General Data Protection Regulation.
- U.S. Data Protection: 50 State Data Breach Laws.
- California Consumer Privacy Act.
- COPPA — Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- FERPA — Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act .
- NY DFS Cybersecurity Regulation (23 NYCRR 500).
- PCI DSS — Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- HIPAA — Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act).