Data Privacy Regulations
Multiple government and industry regulations require organizations to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII), private corporate data and more. These include:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act).
- The EU Data Privacy Directive.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) General Guidance for Students.