DataVantage® for VSAM
Description: DataVantage® for VSAM is a data masking and data management software tool which protects Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and private/sensitive company data that might otherwise be compromised during a data breach. Once masked, live data from production databases can be used safely for non-production purposes such as application development, testing, training, and CRM applications while complying with government regulations and internal organizational policies.
DataVantage® for VSAM features include:
- One-step, ‘on-the-fly’ data masking during the COPY process to help prevent data breaches. (Production data is never persisted without being masked. The original unmasked data never appears outside the source database.)
- Fast dataset-to-dataset copy.
- Record browsing and editing.
- Copybook map of records.
- VSAM File Utility.
- Can be downloaded directly from the Internet without requiring SMP/E activity.
- Operates in both ISPF and batch modes.
Data Masking Capabilities
DataVantage for VSAM provides one-step, ‘on-the-fly’ data masking. To create a test database, the user identifies the particular fields to be masked by coding the MASK= keyword on the DSFBLOCK control block created after processing the COBOL copybook. The SEGDUMP and SORT commands perform the masking as part of the data unload process. The masking results are independent of the operating system. Once masking is in place, it is unaffected by upgrades in the operating system.
View/Download DataVantage® for z/OS — Mainframe Data Masking, Management, & Compliance Solutions (PDF)