DataVantage® for IMS
Description: DataVantage® for IMS is a data masking and data management software tool which protects Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and private/sensitive company data that might otherwise be compromised during a data breach. Once masked, live data from production databases can be used safely for non-production purposes such as application development, testing, training, and CRM applications while complying with government regulations and internal organizational policies.
DataVantage® for IMS is an IMS and DL/1 data management and data masking tool whose features include:
- One-step, ‘on-the-fly’ data masking during the Copy process to help prevent data breaches (production data is never persisted without being masked).
- Installs and runs as an application program, making it OS version-independent for database structure and substructure.
- Can be downloaded directly from the Internet without requiring SMP/E activity.
- Multiple Data Subsetting methods.
- Supports mass updates and selective deletions.
Data Masking Capabilities
DataVantage for IMS data masking provides one-step, ‘on-the-fly’ data masking. To create a test database, a user identifies the particular fields to be masked by coding the MASK= keyword on the DSFBLOCK control block created after processing the COBOL copybook. The SEGDUMP and SORT commands perform the masking as part of the data unload process. Masking results are independent of the operating system or IMS level. Once masking is in place, it is unaffected by upgrades in the operating system.
Please use the button below to get a copy of our DataVantage for IMS datasheet. After submitting your request, please check your inbox for a message from DataVantage.com that contains a link to download your PDF.