DataVantagesup ® for Db2
Description: DataVantage® for Db2 is a data masking and data management software tool which protects Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and private/sensitive company data that might otherwise be compromised during a data breach. Once masked, live data from production databases can be used safely for non-production purposes such as application development, testing, training, and CRM applications while complying with government regulations and internal organizational policies.
DataVantage® for Db2 features include:
- One-step, ‘on-the-fly’ data masking during the Copy process to help prevent data breaches (production data is never persisted without being masked).
- OS version-independent database structure and substructure.
- Can be downloaded directly from the Internet without requiring SMP/E activity.
- Multiple data subsetting methods to reduce data for testing.
- Maintains bi-directional referential integrity throughout the data copy process.
- Data copy can be for an Active Table or Image Copy dataset.
- Supports mass updates and selective deletions.
- Performs table compares in background.
- Can create, display, alter or delete DB objects.
Data Masking Capabilities
DataVantage for Db2 provides one-step, ‘on-the-fly’ data masking. To create a test database, a user identifies the particular columns to be masked by selecting the masking option on a panel. The copy batch job performs the masking as part of the data unload process. The masking results are independent of the operating system or Db2 level. Once masking is in place, it is unaffected by upgrades in the operating system.