Mask + Manage Data in Distributed Systems
DataVantage Global® is a cost-efficient solution to mask, obfuscate and de-identify data safely and efficiently to help prevent data breaches while providing facilities for data browsing, viewing, editing, subsetting and more. The enterprise-wide data privacy solution operates in distributed computing environments to manage large amounts of data throughout an organization while protecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and private/sensitive company data that might otherwise be compromised during a data breach. Once masked, production data can be used safely for non-production purposes such as application development, testing, training and CRM applications.
Data Masking Functions
DataVantage Global provides proprietary, built-in masking functions that guarantee reproducibility and irreversibility:
- Cloaking returns an unconstrained replacement value of the same data type and size as the input value.
- De-identification returns a value selected from a replacement table.
- Unique de-identification returns a value selected from a replacement table but also guarantees that no replacement value will be used more than once, thereby ensuring that each masked value will be unique.
DataVantage Global® features include:
- Subset and Extract capabilities with no additional programming.
- Customizable audit controls and user-defined rule sets.
- One hundred percent pure JAVA application which enables users to access data from 200+ commercial data platforms, including most major RDBMS (as well as Db2).
- Definition and enforcement of referential integrity on previously undefined data sources.
Exclusive Patents and Security Designations
For its specific data protection components and data management techniques, DataVantage Global has been awarded patents in several countries including the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel. And among all data masking solutions in the marketplace, only DataVantage Global has been designated as Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology (QATT) by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Safety Act Implementation (OSAI). This designation affords special protection to its users if a data breach occurs. Learn more here.
Mask Data with DataVantage Global®
Masking data with DataVantage Global protects Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and other sensitive information to help prevent data breaches and as required by organizational policies and government regulations, including:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act) and
- The EU Data Privacy Directive.
Technical Data Sheet
For more information on Enterprise Data Masking, Data Management & Compliance Solution for Distributed Environments, download the technical data sheet PDF below.